Fundraising for the MS Brissie to the Bay bike ride but not sure where to start? Here are some simple fundraising tips to get started toward the ride to help fight MS.
1. Make the First Donation
By donating to your fundraising page or your team’s page, you show your personal commitment to fighting MS. Sponsoring yourself is also a great way to start your fundraising momentum and set the standard for other donations.
2. Send an Email
Spreading the word in four simple steps:
- Copy one of our email templates, or create your own and share your personal MS story.
- Send to everyone you know – don’t assume someone won’t give; you never know who has been touched by MS, and who simply wants to support a good cause.
- Don’t forget to include the link to your fundraising page.
- Send follow-up emails to provide people with an update of your fundraising efforts and to remind those who haven’t donated yet
3. Share On Social Media
Share a link to your fundraising page and ask for donations on platforms such as:
- Facebook (we have some Facebook resources available for you to download here)
- A personal blog
4. Personalise Your Page
Those who personalise their page raise more than those who don’t! Here are some ways you can get started today:
- Set your fundraising goal and increase it when you get close – keep your supporters motivated!
- Upload a photo (or two)
- Use the blog function to keep your supporters updated on your training progress
5. Ask Everyone
Whether you’re taking to the streets or simply sharing a link on Facebook, get the word out about your fantastic efforts in helping people with MS and how others can help too. Make sure to ask:
- Employers (and don’t forget to ask about dollar-matching!)
- Members of any of your clubs and organisations
- Local businesses you visit regularly – eg: butcher, bakery, newsagent, hairdresser